Saturday, July 16, 2011

Crazy day of lows and highs

What a day! Woke up to find Java, the horse I'm boarding for a friend stuck beneath a wood rail fence. He must have laid down then his head and neck slid under the fence leaving his body on the other side - pinning him to the ground. When I found him, he wasn't moving so I thought he was dead or dying. I ran to my neighbor, Dan for help. Dan sawed the thick rail fence apart and Java stood up - except for cuts, bruises and a wound above one eye he is okay - which is amazing because I have no idea how long he was pinned.
The vet gave him antibiotics but pronounced him ok - what a relief.

Immediately after rescuing Java I went to MacDonalds Book Shop for a book signing of The Mutt & the Mustang children's picture book. Pat Greenberg, the illustrator was also there with me - While we were signing, the store ended up selling more than 45 books!  Which they said was fantastic as the most they have sold at previous book signings has been 10 to 12!   I told Paula, the owner that I will come back to talk about my book at different times throughout the summer as the book sells itself when people are shown the beautiful illustrations inside and the page of photographs that show the real dog Kody riding "his" horse.

The local newspapers had given the book excellent coverage but we mainly sold to tourists - The Mutt book is going to Tenn, New Jersey, New York and tons of other places.  I'm having a ball meeting new people who love the Mutt and the Mustang.

No comments:

Post a Comment