Monday, May 23, 2011

My book is here! My book is here! Also Art Show sales

Today I received advance copies of The Mutt & the Mustang, my children's picture book. When I opened the box I burst into tears - didn't realize how emotional this would be for me. I love the book!
I showed it to Paula who owns the local book store - she too loves it and can't wait until copies are here for her to have in the store - that won't be until the end of June.
 
This evening I hosted a small celebration gathering that included the book's illustrator, Pat, her husband, Paul,
Lynda who brought us together and my neighbors who if it weren't for them I could not live on 3 acres with fences and barns falling apart --- We indeed celebrated - Paul brought a bottle of wine he had made - complete with a beautiful label showing him mountain climbing. Everyone made over the stars of the book - Kody, my poodle mix who rides a horse every day and Cheyenne, my German shepherd who has a special relationship with my paint horse Rio - we stayed busy coming up with ways to promote and market The Mutt & the Mustang --

Now to the art show --- sales are now approaching $185,000 - the following artists have sold out:
Nikolo Balkaski
Perry Brown
Kim English
Sushe Felix
Kit Hevron Mahoney
Stacey Peterson
Sallie K. Smith
Through the five weeks the show is on display at the Loveland Museum nearly 4,000 people will view it -
we will continue to have sales - check back to see if your favorite artist is on sell out list.

No comments:

Post a Comment